The Driver – Class C (Scout and/or Backyard Service) is responsible for safely operating a pick-up truck paired with a hydraulic powered fork system and/or dump containers which are used to perform assigned duties on container pick-up, delivery, disposal, and recycling, of residential and commercial customers. This position is responsible for efficiently servicing assigned customers, while complying with all local, state, and federal transportation regulations and with Company policies.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains a safe and clean working vehicle.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle.
- Reports any unsafe situations or service calls before attempting service.
- Participates and cooperates in all scheduled training, briefings, and safety meetings.
- Works closely with Route Supervisors to improve route efficiencies & identify problem or unsafe accounts.
- Notifies Route Supervisor of any incidents, accidents, injuries, or property damage.
- Reports blocked containers, potential missed pick-ups or problems that arise on the route.
- Communicates customer requests or issues to Dispatch or Route Supervisor.
- Completely dumps all containers and leaves the customer’s location clean and free of debris.
- Positions containers on the customer’s property in a correct manner during delivery.
- Extracts containers in a safe and efficient manner during route.
- Follows route assignments throughout the day and completes all documentation when checking-in.
- Provides a positive professional customer attitude when dealing with customers.
- Assists other drivers in completing routes as directed.