The Heavy Equipment Mechanic (Yellow Iron) reports to the Maintenance Manager and Maintenance Supervisor. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic is personally responsible for performing complex preventative maintenance tasks, and troubleshoots and repairs a wide variety of operational equipment (Trucks and Yellow Iron).
Essential Job Functions:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned. Repairs as needed equipment (including, but not limited to, bulldozers, scrapers, front-end loaders, yards trucks, tractors, forklifts, and company cars).
- Diagnoses and repairs differentials, hydraulic systems, motors, transmissions, drives, air conditioning systems, and electrical systems.
- Performs tasks per preventative maintenance checklist.
- Completes records such as work orders, card files, P.M. checklists, and oil samples.
- Services and maintains other equipment such as light plants, water pump, welders, and other equipment.
- Reference site-specific procedures and more detailed site-specific job descriptions.
- Performing other duties as assigned.