The Fleet Maintenance Supervisor manages the day-to-day Maintenance Operations including all fleet repairs, diagnostics, fleet supply, inventories, time and attendance of maintenance staff, record keeping, providing effective communication, positive reinforcement, proper guidance, and effective mentoring to maintenance staff. The Fleet Maintenance Supervisor reports directly to the Fleet Maintenance Manager.
Essential Job Functions:
- Notify management / supervision of any & all observed safety hazards & or adverse conditions of existing safety equipment.
- Insure all personnel use applicable company issued personal protective equipment.
- Work in accordance with all safety policies and procedures - Safety / task specific meetings conducted monthly to include any designated hot spot topics.
- Liquid storage of both bulk and waste products is handled using sound environmental BMP's.
- Ability to determine root cause and provide appropriate solutions and focuses on results.
- Ensures all repairs and maintenance is recorded accurately and timely.
- Ability to work effectively with others at all levels in a positive manner on a continuing basis.
- All departmental maintenance parts and supplies are stocked inventoried, monitored and maintained.
- The professional appearance of the company equipment & quality of repairs is vital. Schedule all tasks to achieve this level.
- All excessive labor requirements reported to mgmt. to facilitate on time scheduling.
- Any deficiencies or observations that can effect performance or the timely accomplishments of day to day tasks is reported to management.
- Recognition of employee’s success's on a regular basis. Direct reports are encouraged to do better through recognition of work done well.
- Appropriately disciplines employees relative to consistency and fair application.
- Displays confidence and enthusiasm and takes actions as needed to achieve goals beyond what is required.
- Builds both interpersonal and professional relationships; coaches, develops, mentors.