The Corporate Controller reports directly to the Vice President of Finance and is accountable for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversee the activities of the corporate accounting department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements, annual audits, and annual budgets.
- Oversee the activities of the disbursement department, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, purchase orders, petty cash, core employee expense reports, cash control, core payroll processing and total corporate payroll tax compliance.
- Oversee the activities of the accounts receivable department to ensure the accurate and timely management of all accounts receivable cash receipts, cash application, cash control, cash management, daily funding reports
- Quarter and year-end payroll closing including federal and state reports
- Assist corporate income tax compliance through coordination and planning with in-house and external tax professional
- Establish and maintain systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhance the company's value.
- Respond to the Board, CFO and EVP as assigned with accurate and timely work to facilitate their financial needs.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, clients and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.