Process Improvement Manager will use their analytical skill set and quantitative knowledge base to assess, communicate and improve upon operational processes at Athens Services. Projects will span across multiple departments to bridge functional silos and disciplines including but not limited to product improvement, operational efficiencies, engineering opportunities, and financial analysis in order to maximize profitability.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide direction to shift managers and supervisors to ensure quality products and adherence to productivity goals and cost standards, including those associated with quality, productivity, budget and cost control, and other key performance indicators.
- Conduct ongoing review of process efficiencies to identify and correct issues that negatively impact costs, delivery schedule, order fill rate or the ability to meet customer demands.
- Directs appropriate resolution to assure the timely completion of scheduled initiatives.
- Drives efforts to maximize efficiencies and continuous improvement processes in all areas of the plant operations as a member of the management team and actively seeks opportunities for innovation of processes.
- Establishes performance objectives, and provides formal and informal support and coaching to improve performance or generate opportunities for further growth and development.
- Provides regular written reports, as well as other operations-related results and updates to the management team as needed.
- Completes all other projects as assigned by the General Manager.
- Provides integral quality assurance guidance and technical direction on the implementation and maintenance of the Quality Assurance program at the Material Recovery Facility (MRF).
- Works with datasets to investigate key business trends, performance, issues, behaviors, and metrics, with a focus on improving operational efficiency across all teams and functions.
- Collaborates and communicates interdepartmentally via analytically driven insights.
- Manages and researches vendors and negotiates contracts.
- Provide analytic support via hands-on Excel work while leveraging other tools as necessary (SQL, SoftPac, and SAAS solutions).
- Provides project management to ensure sound execution of short term and long-term initiatives.
- Develops, configures and optimizes industrial processes from inception through the start-up and certification.
- Assesses processes, takes measurements and interprets data.
- Designs, runs, tests and upgrades systems and processes.
- Develops best practices, routines and innovative solutions to improve production rates and quality of output.
- Manages cost and time constraints.
- Provides process documentation and operating instructions.