The Communications Specialist is responsible for Company’s communication/marketing efforts and community/branding awareness in franchise and open markets. The Communications Specialist will handle various public relations issues, information output, press releases and media requests, social media and/or advertising and reports directly to the Director of Sales & Marketing.
Essential Job Functions:
- Proactively manages all media across all divisions and departments
- Works with outside firm to communicate Company’s brand awareness and identity
- Communicates and monitors message consistency across all communication materials and maintains Corporate Brand Guides (Signage, Brochures, Door/Barrel Hangers, Banners Trucks, Letterhead, Business cards, E-mail, Newsletters, Proposals, Press Releases, etc.)
- Build relationship with local media to achieve frequent, timely and positive media coverage across local publications.
- Partner with outside firm to manage Electronic Media (Web-site, Facebook, LinkedIn, Tweets/Blogs, etc.)
- Coordinate and attend Trade Shows, Marketing Campaigns; set up booths, displays, and order and keep track of giveaways and marketing materials
- Responsible for writing, tracking, preparing, and submitting proposals and city RFP’s
- Create and maintain a database of materials/data available to be used for proposals
- Keep track of Company’s events and stories about superior performance in the field and excellent customer service provided to our customers.
- Proactively manages the internal company newsletter and other required newsletters for cities