The Division Vice President works in all business aspects (revenue growth and managing cost) of a hauling facility. In addition, the Division Vice President will have full P&L responsibility and ensure the highest standards of environmental safety and operational excellence by effectively managing the day-to-day operation and continuous improvement of assigned hauling facility.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage performance of operations and maintenance managers
- Manage the day-to-day operations and maintenance, meeting performance standards and productivity metrics
- Full P&L responsibility
- Interact with various municipal leadership including but not limited to Public Works, City Managers, & City Council Members.
- Complete involvement in sales and marketing aspects to continue overall location growth potential
- Works with Logistics to continually optimize route efficiencies and maximize waste stream diversion for City of Los Angeles.
- Ensure the training and development of the skills of the workforce by providing proper guidance and coaching
- Provide exceptional customer service and customer retention
- Engaging in the interview process in order to hire the most talented and qualified personnel
- Conducting weekly staff meetings with management team
- Encourage internal growth by providing opportunity for personnel development
- Provide effective leadership by developing and implementing a team focused work environment
- Determines workflow, staffing levels, monitors equipment operations and maintenance, conducts safety training, all while fostering a work environment based on teamwork and cooperation
- Provide monthly projection data and analysis. Review year-to-date and prior year budget data comparisons
- Ensure facilities meet all Federal and State Regulations, OSHA and local requirements
- Establish the necessary procedures to ensure overall safety of employees, customers and visitors
- Engage employees to create a safe, energetic work environment through feedback and recognition
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of facility, equipment, and property through inspections and preventive maintenance programs