The Procurement Director (PD) is responsible for managing the Procure to Pay (P2P) process and all procurement operations, related processes and procedures in support of company strategy and related company policies. Working with and through Operations and Finance/IT teams, the Procurement Director maximizes vendor discounts, cash flow benefits from payment terms, product/service quality, and all other purchasing activity. The PD is accountable for delivering all reporting from Athens procurement systems including Dossier & DDI and assuring that information from other systems is included as needed. The PD plays an instrumental role in transformation of PtP processes including assuring all processes are adequately documented and controlled.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manages end to end P2P process working with all teams (Operations, Finance, Tax, Customer Service, Billing, et al) as appropriate to assure adherence to policies and procedures, metrics are maintained, and desired results are achieved
- Works as a partner with the business to deliver strategic sourcing objectives
- Determines optimal sourcing for the company to minimize spend on needed goods and services
- Evaluates bid responses and recommends bids of acceptable quality, cost saving and payment terms for final approval
- Handles administrative matters including preparing and submitting the budget for approval and setting department goals as aligned with targets/goals established by the management team.
- Monitors, assesses and controls the department’s financial and operational performance and takes action to redirect activities as appropriate
- Serves as a primary point of contact for assigned supply base and act as the escalation point of contact for suppliers
- Monitors and manages relevant metrics including: spend analytics, operational efficiencies, supplier performance, warranty recovery and benefit capture from procurement activities
- Leads cross-functional teams in the development and implementation cost reduction initiatives
- Develops, documents, and leads process standardization to ensure policy requirements are met
- Manages key suppliers to ensure that they meet their contractual obligations and strives to leverage sourcing cooperation for mutual benefit
- Oversees activities of Purchasing and Inventory Specialists at field locations and assures field sourced vendors are on-boarded in accordance with Procurement requirements and policies
- Ensures that Purchasing and Inventory Specialists are maintaining inventory accuracy and following inventory procedures to include adherence to the cycle count program.
- Works with General Managers, Maintenance Managers and Purchasing and Inventory Specialists to ensure that optimal levels of inventory are maintained and excess/obsolete inventory is dispositioned.
- Coordinates and participates in the implementation of effective supplier performance management initiatives to ensure continuous improvement
- Continually seeks process improvements for P2P process and own department
- Serve as the “champion” or key point of contact for the DDI and Dossier systems
- Performs other duties as required